The Landscape is Changing
Since the beginning of this pandemic I have had Psalms 121 resonating in my spirit, specifically verse 1.
“I lift my eyes to the mountains – where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth?”
How long have we looked to the 7 mountains of influence for help, for wisdom, for direction, or even for approval. We still are!
But I hear the Lord saying, “I, Yes I, am changing the landscape of these mountains. They will no longer be recognizable. The landscape is being rewritten. They are not your God, I AM!”
- Media – We have looked to them for information, for truth. We have turned on our news expecting to hear understanding so we know how to proceed. All faith in media has been put on the chopping block. The news does not bring our peace or wisdom. It brings confusion. He IS our peace and wisdom. He does not confuse.
- Government – Our governmental leaders are not divine law. They are mortal men and women with failings and weaknesses. Our government is not of this world. We are to be kingdom minded people, not tossed to and fro by a changing of guard here on earth. The Lord is our LEADER!
- Education – We have given our children into educated, capable hands to raise them up, to teach them. But the system has flaws. The system is not kingdom minded. The system is broken. Our education system has removed God but God will not be removed.
- Economy – There is so much fear and uncertainty in the economy of our nation. But our God’s store houses run over. Who is our provider! Who? None of this makes Him shudder.
- Family – The family unit has been ripped apart, restitched and ripped apart, restitched and the process goes on and on, generation after generation. How many dinners have been eaten from the car or opposite ends of the house. How long has family been the least priority. The family unit is His design. It reflects Him. Husbands reflect Christ. Wives reflect the Church. And children, the body of Christ. It is being restored in this hour!
- Religion – Our buildings are closed. GOOD! The church has finally left the building to be among the broken and lost. No more can we hide behind our pulpits and preach what should be done. It is time to do! Religion is a false god we have served with our time, money and energy. But religion is dead. God is alive and He is not in a building. He is in a people. We have been deployed!
- Entertainment – What have our eyes feasted on? What has crossed our TV sets and computer screens. What has entered our ears. What entertains us? Is it pure? Perversion has infiltrated this mountain for far too long. It is being cleansed. We have an opportunity for purity and holiness to be restored in our beings. Yes, it is possible!
So again I ask; where do we look to for help? If our eyes have been on anyone of these mountains then fear has a place to destroy us. But if our eyes are fixed on God, knowing He is our help in all peril then we will not be moved.
This Psalm has been the promise over my family during this time. We read it faithfully every evening for weeks. We stand on it and believe in it. It is now my prayer for all who read this.
“I lift up my eyes to the mountains – where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip – he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord watches over you – the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all harm – he will watch over your life; the Lord watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. “
I want to extend comfort to anyone who has suffered loss during this season; whether life or livelihood. I am sorry for your pain. I petition heaven for you. You have my love and prayers.
Be at peace because He is as work!
For clarification: I do not have a firm stand on anything that is currently happening except the word of God. I will not have a debate on right or left, conspiracy or truth. If that is what has stirred from reading this then please read it again. My eyes are on HIM!